|This article is about a/an series entry (the 2nd) in the Kamen Rider Series.|
|Kamen Rider V3|
|Number of episodes:||52|
|First episode:||Rider No. 3: His Name is V3!|
|Last episode:||The Last Day of Destron|
|Intro:||Tatakae! Kamen Rider V3|
|Original airing:||February 17, 1973-February 9, 1974|
Kamen Rider X
Kamen Rider V3 (仮面ライダーV3 Kamen Raidā Buisurī?, Masked Rider V3), Masked Rider V3 or Masked Rider Version 3 in English, is a Japanese tokusatsu television series. It is the second installment in the popular Kamen Rider Series, and the direct sequel to the original Kamen Rider. It was a joint collaboration between Ishimori Productions and Toei, and was shown on NET from February 17, 1973 to February 9, 1974, with a total of 52 episodes. This is also the first (and only) Kamen Rider TV series that is officially available on DVD in the west with English subtitles through JN Productions' Generation Kikaida.
Every episode of Kamen Rider V3 begins with a statement: "Kamen Rider V3, Shiro Kazami, is an altered human. Mortally wounded by Destron, he is rebuilt by Kamen Riders 1 and 2, reborn as Kamen Rider V3"
Hiroshi Miyauchi, who portrays main character Shiro Kazami, also sings the opening theme. Following the success of V3, Miyauchi starred in several tokusatsu series, such as Himitsu Sentai Goranger, J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai, Kaiketsu Zubat, Tokkei Winspector, Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain and Chouriki Sentai Ohranger.
One night, Shiro Kazami accidentally witnesses a murder by the evil organization Destron, making him their next target. In their first attempt, they planted a bomb pebble into his coffee, but the attempt was foiled when Shiro's sister, Yukiko, surprised him, causing him to spill his coffee. In their second attempt, they attacked him while practicing motorcycle racing with Tobei Tachibana. In their third attempt, a Destron soldier, disguised as a doctor, tried to put a poison shot in Shiro, while he was being transported to the hospital (after Destron's second attempt), but Shiro regains consciousness and kills the soldier. Meanwhile, a young woman named Junko Tama stumbled upon Destron's base. Suddenly, she was attacked by Destron. While trying to escape, she ran into Shiro, who was heading home on his motorcycle, but Shiro didn't see the Destron soldiers. Surprised, Junko fainted and Shiro took her home. While Junko was being taken care of by Shiro's family, Shiro reported her story to the police. When he returned home, he found his family being murdered by the Hasami Jaguar, a jaguar monster with blades for hands. Hasami Jaguar then prepares to kill Junko and Shiro, but is stopped by Shiro's high school teacher, Takeshi Hongo, who transformed into Kamen Rider 1. Shortly after he drove off the Destron forces, Kamen Rider 2 shows up, but too late. A vengeance-fueled Shiro asked the Riders to turn him into a cyborg, but the Riders refused, explaining to Shiro what would happen if he did get turned into a cyborg: he wouldn't be able to live up to his family. Then the Riders asked Junko for the location of the Destron base she stumbled upon earlier. The next day, the Riders infiltrate the base, only to get caught in a trap. Shiro shows up and saves their lives, but gets injured in the process. The Riders had no choice but to turn Shiro into a cyborg. When the Riders were attacked, and almost killed, by Kame Bazooka, Shiro shows up as Kamen Rider V3. Now, Shiro uses his new power to protect mankind against Destron.
|Kamen Rider V3||Shiro Kazami|
|Kamen Rider 1||Takeshi Hongo|
|Kamen Rider 2||Hayato Ichimonji|
Destron (デストロン Desutoron?) is an international organization bent on conquering the world with terrorist acts, Destron was formed under the leadership of the mysterious Great Leader by surviving members of Gel-Shocker. Although Destron had branches in every country and sought to dominate the entire planet, its main headquarters was in Japan which Destron focused its attention on. Initially the kaijin of the Mechanical Army followed the orders of the unseen High Destron without any direct supervision, but after repeated failures of the kaijin High Destron summoned Doctor G from Destron's German Division to take charge of the day to day operations of Destron's Japanese Division. Strange that although Destron used the scorpion as its symbol it had no scorpion monsters.
- Great Leader of Destron (デストロン首領 Desutoron Shuryō?) (Except for the last few episodes, he was not seen. Only his voice was heard)
- Doktor G (ドクトルG Dokutoru Gē?, 13-30) / Kani Laser (カニレーザー Kani Rēzā?, 30)
- Baron Kiba (キバ男爵 Kiba Danshaku?, 31-35) / Vampiric Mammoth (吸血マンモス Kyūketsu Manmosu?, 35)
- Archbishop Tsubasa (ツバサ大僧正 Tsubasa Dai Sōjō?, 35-40) / Zombie Bat (死人コウモリ Shibito Kōmori?, 40, 52)
- Marshal Yoroi (ヨロイ元帥 Yoroi Gensui?, 40-52) / Zariganna (ザリガーナ Zarigāna?, 51-52)
- Revived Villains
- Main article: Kamen Rider V3 Episodes
S.I.C. Hero SagaEdit
Published in Monthly Hobby Japan magazine from May to August 2003, the S.I.C. Hero Saga story Masked Rider V3 & Riderman: Riderman Another After featured an alternate history of Riderman's creation. It featured the new character called the Destron Rider (デストロンライダー Desutoron Raidā?).
- Chapter titles
- God Station (神ステーション Kami Sutēshon?)
- Attachment (アタッチメント Atatchimento?)
- Destron Rider (デストロンライダー Desutoron Raidā?)
- Jōji Yūki (結城丈二 Yūki Jōji?)
- Shiro Kazami (風見 志郎 Kazami Shirō?): Hiroshi Miyauchi (宮内 洋 Miyauchi Hiroshi?)
- Tōbei Tachibana (立花 藤兵衛 Tachibana Tōbei?): Akiji Kobayashi (小林 昭二 Kobayashi Akiji?)
- Junko Tama (珠 純子 Tama Junko?): Hizuru Ono (小野 ひずる Ono Hizuru?)
- Shigeru Tama (珠 シゲル Tama Shigeru?): Hideki Kawaguchi (川口 英樹 Kawaguchi Hideki?)
- Joji Yuki (結城 丈二 Yūki Jōji?): Takehisa Yamaguchi (山口 豪久 Yamaguchi Takehisa?) (Played as Satoru Yamaguchi (山口 暁 Yamaguchi Satoru?))
- Doktor G (ドクトルＧ Dokutoru Gē?): Jōtarō Senba (千波 丈太郎 Senba Jōtarō?)
- Baron Kiba (キバ男爵 Kiba Danshaku?): Eiji Gō (郷 鍈治 Gō Eiji?)
- Archbishop Tsubasa (ツバサ大僧正 Tsubasa Daisōjō?): Sachio Fujino (富士乃 幸雄 Fujino Sachio?)
- Marshal Yoroi (ヨロイ元帥 Yoroi Gensui?): Bunya Nakamura (中村 文弥 Nakamura Bunya?)
- Ken Sakuma (佐久間 ケン Sakuma Ken?): Ken Kawashima (川島 健 Kawashima Ken?)
- Great Leader of Destron (デストロン首領 Desutoron Shuryō?, Voice): Gorō Naya (納谷 悟郎 Naya Gorō?)
- Narrator (ナレーター Narētā?): Shinji Nakae (中江 真司 Nakae Shinji?)
- Opening theme
- "Tatakae! Kamen Rider V3" (斗え！仮面ライダーV3 Tatakae! Kamen Raidā Bui Surī?, "Fight! Kamen Rider V3")
- Ending themes
- "Shōnen Kamen Rider Tai no Uta" (少年仮面ライダー隊の歌 Shōnen Kamen Raidā Tai no Uta?, "Song of the Kamen Rider Boys Squad")
- "Hashire Hurricane" (走れハリケーン Hashire Harikēn?, "Run, Hurricane")
|Kamen Rider • V3 • X • Amazon • Stronger • Skyrider • Super-1 • ZX (TV special) • Black • Black RX • Shin (movie) • ZO (movie) • J (movie) • Kuuga • Agito • Ryuki • 555 • Blade • Hibiki • Kabuto • Den-O • Kiva • Decade • G (unofficial) • W • OOO • Fourze • Wizard • Gaim • Drive|
|View • Talk • Edit|